Fort Lauderdale is a coastal city on the Atlantic Ocean. It is also known as the “Venice of America” due to its expansive canal system. The city is most famous for its beaches and boats.
If you enjoy the outdoor lifestyle than Fort Lauderdale Beach is for you. Athletes enjoy running along the road by the beach where they pass beach goers, coffee shops, and restuarants. You can rent bicycles and explore the beach or take a quick ride down Las Olas Blvd or Riverwalk. You can go boating on the miles of waterways, take a water taxi, or take one of the river cruises that are offered.
There is also plenty of shopping in the Fort Lauderdale Beach area. There are lots of small shops along the beach and a mall with over 300 retail outlets near by.
Fort Lauderdale beach is also only a short trip away from Miami’s South Beach!
Looking for things to do this weekend in Fort Lauderdale. Try these 10 hot spots that I always enjoy.
1. Fort Lauderdale Beach and the Strip
2. Las Olas Blvd where you can shop, eat and have tons of fun.
3. The Bonnet House
4. The Art Institute of Fort Lauderdale.
5. Fort Lauderdale Swap Shop
6. Broward Center for Performing Arts
7. Musuem of Discovery and Science
8. Musuem of Art Fort Lauderdale
9. Parker PlayHouse
10. Hugh Taylor Birch State Park